My client a global energy major based in Sunbury-On-Thames is looking for a Head of Procurement, Digital Innovation and Transformation.
Reporting to the VP of Digital Solutions & Innovation, this role is pivotal for driving process transformation strategy, process design strategy & optimisation, process automation and operational efficiency as well as maintaining group-wide solution templates and delivering transformation programmes across the client’s businesses.
A key part of the job will be maintaining a close alignment with the Engineering & Innovation (IT/Digital technology) function and together build future digital capabilities.
To be considered, the Head of Procurement Digital Innovation & Transformation will have the following skills and experience
• A Minimum 10-15 years of experience in transformation with a strong track record in digitisation, experimentation with different technologies and technology platform deployments.
• A Minimum 10-15 year of experience in leading in a fast-paced, high-demand, performance delivery environment
• Have strong inspirational change leadership at strategic and operational level as well as people management skills – you must be seen as an innovative leader amongst peers, partners, and external parties
• Possess functional breadth across Procurement
• Have experience in leading through change, with a proven ability in assessing business risks and formulating appropriate internal controls that minimize risk.
• Possess Strategic thinking with a capacity for lateral thinking and a “broad picture” approach to problem solving
• Have strong project management, governance, and negotiation experience
• Have Excellent commercial acumen
• Have a proven ability to effectively manage, engage and motivate a diverse organisation; set clear objectives and demonstrate empowerment
• Be able to demonstrate competence in leading multi-disciplinary teams and working with agile delivery methodologies
• Have Experience managing multiple teams and capabilities to deliver complex project scope
The Head of Procurement Digital Innovation & Transformation will take on the following tasks and duties
• Develop and advise on the Procurement transformation strategy in collaboration with the Heads of Functions and their Product
• Build deep expertise in end-to-end Procurement process transformation combining process reengineering & optimisation, technology (functional design) and transformation execution
• Provide the Procurement Function process design, driving consistency and standardisation in close collaboration with the product owners regardless of where the work is performed.
• Manage the Procurement process design governance to ensure adherence to bp and regulatory policies, standards, and controls across the end-to-end processes, owning the process change governance end to end.
• Deliver and manage global Procurement solution design, e.g., Procurement platform template – Ariba, Compass, Fairmarkit and associated system estate, and collaborate with the digital centre of excellence (RPA & process mining) to delivery integrated solutions.
• Develop the transformation roadmaps for the Procurement function and delivery execution, project & change management (global strategic platforms implementations and digital change projects/programmes) in all the regional centres.
My client is looking for someone who understands the Procurement process and has significant experience of designing and executing transformation programs as well as leading digital innovations, automations, process enhancements and customer experience. I
This is a role with a big mandate and would suit someone already be in this kind of role wanting to move or those who are wanting to make the step up to head a department for the first time.