My client, one of the largest police forces in England and Wales, based in Worcestershire is currently looking for a Cost and Benefits Analyst to join them ASAP.
Reporting to the Portfolio Management Office (PMO)Manager, you will be tasked with providing expertise and guidance on portfolio financial management and act as the subject matter expert for Benefits and Cost management for the Portfolio Management Office
The successful Cost and Benefits Analyst will need athorough understanding of costs & benefits management, decision making and governance across the force’sprogramme portfolio and you will also have:
• Significant experience in providing Cost and Benefits support to projects and programmes in the service sector allied to significant experience in management roles relating to Portfolio Management.
• Extensive Cost and Benefits support experience and able to demonstrable expertise of having operated at a senior level with concurrent project support responsibility for over £1M per annum in costs and benefits.
• Be able to collaborative work in a federation or matrix cost and benefits service environment.
• Have a thorough understanding of budgetary control and of the importance of cost and benefit control across a portfolio in general and within programme specifically.
• Proficient at maintaining relationships with senior managers and directorates with sufficient presence and credibility to influence them.
You will have good knowledge of Benefit Management planning and control in large scale transformation projects and programmes and have a high level of management skill, particularly interpersonal skills and the ability to influence colleagues.
In this role you should be prepared to undertake the following responsibilities and tasks
• Work with the Finance Business Partners to maintain and champion the benefits management framework and cost control process around delivering net benefits approved by the Change and Transformation Board.
• Ensure all key post holders defined in the benefits management framework are aware of their accountabilities in the benefits lifecycle.
• Develop Benefits Management practice and capability within Change service Team in general and Portfolio Management Office (PMO) in particular.
• Provide independent oversight, scrutiny and challenge to ensure things are done well in benefits realisation and cost control.
• Work with the PMO manager and Senior Programme manager to ensure appropriate benefits realisation training is provided to all key post holders responsible for project programme and project delivery.
• Provide assurance, coaching and mentoring to build a competent workforce capable of good practice programme and project delivery.
• Provide a single source of truth reporting function with management dashboards to focus decisions and management interventions in respect of costs and benefits. This includes the preparation of the monthly project status reporting for Costs and Benefits.
• Provide cost management and benefits realisation support service to managers.
Educated to degree level it is highly desired that the Cost and Benefits Analyst have a relevant professional qualification in Project Costs and benefits management.
This is fantastic opportunity to work within a large public sector organisation and only those with the specific skills mentioned above should apply.